Rhoin of the Fifth Wind
"I hunt that which cannot be found, I slay that which cannot be killed"
Alignment Chaotic Good
HP 137Class Build – Ranger 6/Fighter 2/Wildrunner 2/Dark Hunter 2//LA 3/Griffotaur 7/Feat Wild Rogue 2
- Initiative: +14 (+9 Dex, +5 Warning)
- Speed: 40 ft, Fly 80 ft (perfect)
- BAB/Grapple: +10/+23
- Armor Class: 30 (Armor +2, Shield +3, Dexterity +9, Natural Armor +7, Deflection +1, Size -1, Flaw -1)
- Flat-Footed/Denied Dexterity: 21 (Armor +2, Shield +3, Natural Armor +7, Deflection +1, Size -1, Flaw -1)
- Touch: 18 (Dexterity +9, Deflection +1, Size -1, Flaw -1)
- Specific Armor Class: +5 Armor Class against ranged attacks, +1 AC while Hasted, +3 AC from Dexterity while in Primal Roar.
- Str – 28 (+2 from Enhancement)
- Dex – 29 (+2 from Enhancement)
- Con – 24 (+2 from Enhancement)
- Int – 14
- Wis – 14
- Cha – 13
|Aveena||+23/+23/+18||3d8+14/19-20, x3||255 ft range increment, 10 range increments|
|Lion’s Tooth||+18/+13||3d6+14/19-20, x2|
|Elvencraft Bow (Staff)||+18/+13||1d8+13/20, x2|
|Primal Aveena||+26/+26/+21||3d8+15/19-20, x3||255 ft range increment, 10 range increments|
|Primal Lion’s Tooth||+19/+14||3d6+16/20, x2|
|Primal Elvencraft Bow (Staff)||+19/+14||1d8+15/20, x2|
|Primal Bite||+14||1d8+5/20, x2|
|Primal Claw||+14/+14||1d4+5/20, x2|
|Primal Rake||+14/+14||1d6+5/20, x2|
- Shots from Aveena become bolts of golden force and ignore DR.
- Always Rapid Shot for an extra attack at highest BAB.
- +1 competence bonus on to-hit rolls (calculated in).
- Can Primal Roar to gain +6 Dex and +2 Str and gain a 1d8 Bite attack (calculated into Primal).
- Can activate Boots of Speed for a Haste effect for an extra attack at highest BAB and +1 to-hit.
- Can spend a swift action to deal 1d6 extra damage with ranged weapons while above a target or 2d6 with melee weapons when charging an enemy from above.
- +1 to-hit with ranged attacks while above a target.
- +1 to-hit and on damage rolls with ranged weapons while within 30 ft of the target.
- +16 on weapon damage rolls against Magical Beasts (+18 if it’s a Nemean Lion).
- +2 on weapon damage rolls against Giants.
- Can switch to Lesser Crystal of Energy Assault (Electricity) for +1d6 Electricity damage per hit
- +1 to-hit and on damage rolls with melee weapons while above a target.
- Pounce on a dive or charge.
- Fortitude – 23 (14 base)
- Reflex – 20 (9 base)
- Will – 13 (5 base)
- 25% Fortification
- On a successful Reflex save for half I take nothing.
- Cannot botch Fort saves.
- Immune to Magical Sleep.
- Endure Elements
- +2 on saves against Enchantment spells and effects.
- +1 on Reflex saves while Hasted.
- +3 on Reflex saves while in Primal Roar.
- +10 against Bull Rush and Overrun.
- 1 – Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Greatbow)
- Flaw – Vulnerable
- Flaw Bonus – Point Blank Shot
- Ranger 1 – Track
- Fighter 1 – Weapon Focus (Greatbow)
- 3 – Improved Flight
- Fighter 2 – Precise Shot
- Ranger 2 – Rapid Shot
- Ranger 3 – Endurance
- Ranger 4 – Far Shot
- 6 – Mountain Warrior
- Ranger 6 – Manyshot
- 9 – Improved Rapid Shot
- Feat Rogue 1 – Steadfast Determination
- 12 – Weapon Specialization (Greatbow)
- Feat Rogue 2 – Ranged Weapon Mastery (Piercing)
|Balance||+9||0||9||0||+2 on steep slopes|
|Bluff||+1||0||1||0||May gain favored enemy bonus|
|Knowledge (nature)||+24||15||2||7||May gain spirit guide bonus|
|Listen||+24||15||2||7||May gain favored enemy/spirit guide bonus|
|Search||+4||0||2||2||May gain spirit guide bonus|
|Sense Motive||+2||0||2||0||May gain favored enemy bonus|
|Spot||+28||15||2||11||May gain favored enemy/spirit guide bonus|
|Survival||+22||15||2||5||May gain favored enemy/spirit guide bonus, +2 in aboveground natural environments|
- Immunity to magic sleep effects
- +2 on saves against enchantment spells or effects.
- Low-light Vision
- Elven secret door affinity
- Darkvision 60 ft
- Scent 30 ft
- I have two claw attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage and are always considered secondary natural attacks.
- On a pounce or in a grapple I can make two rake attacks that deal 1d6 points of damage.
- If I dive upon or charge a foe, I can make a pounce attack.
- +2 racial bonus on Listen and Search, +6 racial bonus on Spot, and a +4 racial bonus on Jump.
- Favored Enemies: I gain the listed bonus on Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks in addition to damage rolls against the listed creatures. +4 vs Magical Beasts, +2 vs Giants.
- Spiritual Connection: I can use Speak with Animals and Speak with Plants in any combination three times per day. Caster level is equal to ranger level.
- Champion of the Wild: I gain feats from a list in Complete Champion at 4th, 8th, 11th, and 14th levels.
- Spiritual Guide: I have two spiritual manifestations as guides – two nemean lions. These guides warn of impending danger and grants a sacred bonus on Handle Animal, Knowledge (nature), Listen, Search, Spot, and Survival checks equal to 1/4 my ranger level. At least, usually they do – occasionally they’re more harm then help. In addition, I may use Commune with Nature once per day at a caster level equal to my ranger level. The guides disappears while I am inside a civilized area larger than a hamlet.
- Fast Movement: +10 land speed.
- Trackless Step
- Primal Roar: 3+Cha mod times per day I may release a feral roar as a free action (so long as I can speak) and enter a feral frenzy for 3+Con mod rounds. In this frenzy I gain +2 to Strength and +6 to Dexterity, in addition I gain a bite attack that deals 1d8 points of damage.
- Sworn Foe (Nemean Lions): Favored Enemy bonus against a Nemean Lion increases by +2.
- Nature’s Knowledge: May identify Magical Beasts with Knowledge (Nature).
- Nature’s Sight: Detect Nemean Lions as Detect Evil at will.
- Scent Increase: Scent range increases to 60 ft.
- Improved Hunt: Favored Enemy bonus against Magical Beasts increases by +2.
- Endurance: I gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage, Constitution checks made to continue running, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, Constitution checks made to hold your breath, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst, Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments, and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. Also, I may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.
- Mountain Warrior: I gain a +1 on ranged attack rolls while above my target, I gain a +1 on melee damage rolls while above my target, targets above me don’t gain a bonus on attack rolls, I gain a +2 on Balance checks on steep surfaces.
- Manyshot: As a standard action, I can fire two arrows at a single opponent within 30 feet. Both arrows use the same attack roll (with a –4 penalty) to determine success and deal damage normally but only the first arrow can deal critical hit damage or deliver precision damage. For every five points of base attack bonus you have above +6, I may add one additional arrow to this attack, to a maximum of four arrows at a base attack bonus of +16. However, each arrow after the second adds a cumulative –2 penalty on the attack roll. Damage reduction and other resistances apply separately against each arrow fired.
- Aveena, Nemean-bone Elvencraft Composite Greatbow (+1 Force Keen Adjusting Sizing) w/ Least Crystal of Return
- Lion’s Tooth, Greatsword (+1 Warning) w/ Least Crystal of Return
- Nemean-hide Barding (Bracers of Armor +2)
- Nemean-hide Buckler (+1 Light Fort) W/ Lesser Crystal of Arrow Deflection
- Amulet of Focus (Enemy Spirit pouch (Magical Beasts), +5 Listen, +5 Spot)
- Woodland Cloak (Greater Piercer, Comfort, Resistance +2)
- Bracers of the Hunt (Strongarm, Lesser Archery)
- Sky-manta Upper Barding-straps (+2 Constitution, Pectoral of Movement)
- Fortified Lower Barding-straps (+2 Strength, Healing, Girdle of Hate)
- Legwraps of Movement (+2 Dexterity, Trackless, Speed)
- Ring of Mobility (+5 Hide, +5 Move Silently)
- Ring of Survival (+1 Deflection, +1 Natural Armor, +5 Knowledge (Nature), +5 Survival)
- Lesser Crystal of Energy Assault (Electricity)
- Efficient Quiver
- 20x +1 Magical Beast Bane Serpent’s Tongue Arrows
- Side Pouches with 3x Cure Light Potions (CL 1), 3x Cure Moderate Potions (CL 5), and 3x Cure Serious Potions (CL 10)
- Bag of Holding – Type 1
- 2x Single use items of Teleport
- Enemy Spirit Pouch: +1 competence to strike magical beasts, and Favored Enemy bonus against Magical Beasts increases by 2.
- Greater Piercer Cloak: At will, swift activation, for the rest of the round once activated all ranged attacks delivered from above a target deal +1d6 damage. Charging a foe from above gives +2d6 damage on all attacks.
- Comfort: All allies within 30 feet gain the benefits of Endure Elements.
- Healing: Standard action, 3 charges per day, 1 charge – 2d8 healing, 2 charges – 3d8, 3 charges – 4d8 healing.
- Trackless : Continuous Pass without Trace.
- Speed: Free action, 10 rounds per day, gain the benefits of Haste and need not be used consecutively.
- Lesser Crystal of Energy Assault: Weapon deals +1d6 Electricity damage
- 96x Serpent’s Tongue Arrows
- 20x Silver Serpent’s Tongue Arrows
- 20x Cold Iron Serpent’s Tongue Arrows
- 5x Adamantine Serpent’s Tongue Arrows
- 3x Terror Venom Dosed Serpent’s Tongue Arrows
- 46x Blunt Arrows
- 4x Omis’ Magical Arrows
- Masterwork Bowyer Tools
- Skinning Knife
- Masterwork Cooking utensils w/ spices, plates, and bowels
- Large Winter Blanket
- 5x Firewood
- Flint and Tinder
- 10x Iron Spikes
- 5x Twine Rolls (50 ft each)
- Sewing Needle
- Fishing Net
- Fishing Pole (50 ft of line, 2 hooks)
- 5x Oil
- 2x Clay Jug
- 2x Chalk
- Healer’s Kit
- 2x Trail Rations
- 3x Full Waterskins
Gold: 129 pp, 84 gp, 28 sp, 20 cp
- Rhoin casts as a 2nd level Dark Hunter (caster level 2) and his save DCs for all casting classes are equal to 12+spell level.
- Spells Per Day:
- Level 1: Dark Hunter – 3/day
- Spells Known
- Detect Foe: Standard action, instantaneous, discerns if a Sworn Foe is within 1 mile per caster level.
- Locate Foe: Standard action, 10 min/level, discerns the direction towards a Sworn Foe.
|13||Dark Hunter 3//Feat Wild Rogue 3|
|14||Dark Hunter 4//Feat Wild Rogue 4||Feat Rogue 4 – Improved Precise Shot|
|15||Dark Hunter 5//Feat Wild Rogue 5||15 – Woodland Archer|
|16||Dark Hunter 6//Feat Wild Rogue 6||Feat Rogue 6 – Dead-Eye|
|17||Dark Hunter 7//Feat Wild Rogue 7|
|18||Dark Hunter 8//Feat Wild Rogue 8||18 – True Believer, Feat Rogue 8 – Greater Weapon Focus|
|19||Dark Hunter 9//Feat Wild Rogue 9|
|20||Dark Hunter 10//Feat Wild Rogue 10||Ranger 8 – Improved Favored Enemy, Feat Rogue 10 – Greater Weapon Specialization|
|21||?//Feat Wild Rogue 11||21 – Swarm of Arrows/Uncanny Accuracy|
|22||?//Feat Wild Rogue 12||Feat Rogue 12 – Combat Reflexes|
|23||?//Feat Wild Rogue 13||Feat Rogue 13 (Special) – Savvy Rogue|
|24||?//Feat Wild Rogue 14||24 – Epic Weapon Focus, Feat Rogue 14 -|
|25||?//Feat Wild Rogue 15|
|26||?//Feat Wild Rogue 16||Feat Rogue 16 -|
|27||?//Feat Wild Rogue 17||27 – Legendary Tracker|
Standing at 7’6”, almost 8’ long, and with a wing span of just over 25’, Rhoin is large even for a griffotaur. His upper body appears to be that of a well-tanned Wood Elf and his lower body that of a golden/bronze griffon. He has a thick line of plumage running from his forhead, over his shoulders, and down his back. He wears Nemean lion-hide barding, a darkwood quiver and a darkwood buckler, both elaborately carved, and a cloak made of shifting autumn leaves. He carries a massive golden-bone greatbow and a large greatsword lays strapped across his back.